Are you already using Botox?
Are you worried what Botox might actually
be doing to your skin long term?
Are you looking for a Natural Alternative to Botox?
Would you like to Look and Feel Great?
What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture has gained worldwide popularity in recent years with celebrities and modern research science taking notice, catching up with this ancient knowledge of whole body healing. Cosmetic Acupuncture is not just facial acupuncture, it is a specialized field used to naturally enhance the skin, treating both the internal cause of your maturing appearance and the skin itself, meaning not only will you look great, but you will feel great also. The combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ruri Face Diagnosis are used to treat your individual needs with ultra fine acupuncture needles. Cosmetic acupuncture is a safe, natural, relatively painless and more affordable treatment that has absolutely “NO” down time, unlike other cosmetic procedures like Botox, Collagen, Cosmetic Needling, Laser Resurfacing or Cosmetic Surgery that can be extremely painful, expensive, have an extended recovery time and the end result can look un-natural.
How does Cosmetic Acupuncture work?
Cosmetic Acupuncture increases the flow of Qi and blood to the face whilst correcting internal disharmonies.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph to the face
- Regulates hormones
- Improves muscle tone and elasticity
- Firms skin and reduces sagging
- Helps eliminate fine wrinkles and soften deeper wrinkles
- Tightens skin pores
- Improves the appearance of scarring
- Brightens the eyes
- Decelerates the aging process from within
- Holistic rejuvenation
What can Cosmetic Acupuncture treat?
- Anti & Premature Aging
- Alopecia/ Balding/ Thinning Hair/ Premature Graying
- Dermatitis/ Psoriasis
- Acne/ Scars/ Rosacea
- Cold Sores/ Rashes
- Cellulite/ Stretch Marks
- Tri-geminal Neuralgia
- Bells Palsy/ Facial Paralysis/ Numbness
- Twitching Eyes/Skin
- Bags/puffiness/darkness around eyes
- Drooping Eyelids
- Enlarged Pores
- Uneven Skin Tone/ Dull Complexion
- Special Occasion Enhancement
- General Health & Well Being
How many treatments will I need?
We all age at different rates, important factors are our internal and external environments. The skin renews itself every 28 days, after we reach the age of 28 this process beings to slow down, so by the time we are 60, it may take our skin 60 days to renew! As we are improving the skin from the inside it needs to go through this process at least once. To achieve long lasting results we recommend a course of:
- 15 treatments (2x week for 6 weeks, then 1x week for 3 weeks).
- Some people report remarkable changes in as little as 3 treatments.
- Most people can notice significant improvement by the end of week 4.
How long will my results last?
- This is dependent on the results of your first 15 treatments and your lifestyle choices.
- A maintenance treatment is recommended once every 1-3 months.
- Some people respond so well to their initial 15 treatments, they require no maintenance treatments and results last 3-5 years.
Using the Body to Heal Itself.
What will the Cosmetic Acupuncture feel like?
Most of the needles are not felt when they are inserted. Some needles sting for a moment when being inserted, this sensation does not last long. Most people report a feeling of tingling warmth and relaxation during their treatment, some even fall asleep.
When should I start Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Whilst the optimum age to start Cosmetic Acupuncture is late twenties to early thirties, as this is when the skin renewal process naturally starts to slow down, it is never too late to start treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Due to Cosmetic Acupuncture being a holistic therapy, not only do you start to notice changes to your eternal appearance, but you start to feel great on the inside too. As with any acupuncture treatment there is a small risk of slight bruising and the sight of the needle insertion, but will reduce as a normal bruise does.
Can I claim my treatments on my Private Health?
Yes, providing your health fund covers you for Acupuncture. Treatments are in 2 parts: balancing systems and treating the skin.
When can’t you have Cosmetic Acupuncture?
If you have or are taking any of the following:*
- Blood disorders e.g. Hemophilia, Anemia
- Blood thinners e.g. Warfarin, Aspirin
- Bruise very easily
- Severe High Blood Pressure
- Dizziness or Vertigo
- Severe Headaches or Migraines
- Recent cosmetic surgery (must wait at least 3 weeks)
*In these circumstances, regular acupuncture and herbal treatment may help to enable you to achive a condition that is acceptable to apply the cosmetic treatments
What can I do at home to enhance my treatments?
- Drink plenty of fresh water (Min 2L a day)
- Eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit
- Keep salt and unrefined sugars to a minimum
- Consider supplements:
– Super B (one in the morning)
– Vitamin C powder (3x day)
– Omega 3 as directed (Fish / Krill / Flax seed oil / Chia seeds)
- Don’t smoke
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum
- Protect your skin from the sun (Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen)
- Get adequate sleep (7hrs min)
- Sleep on your back
- Use a dermal hammer or Dermaroller twice a week
- Use Organic Rosehip oil regularly
- Don’t use any product promising an “instant” lift
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic servicing North Brisbane and surrounding suburbs including Chermside, Chermside West, Stafford, Stafford Heights, Everton Park, Everton Hills, Aspley, Kedron, Mitchelton, Arana Hills, Albany Creek and Bridgman Downs. Treatments can include Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy, Dry Needling, Massage, Moxa ( Moxibustion ), Electro-Acupuncture, Ear Acupuncture, Cosmetic Acupuncture.